“Growing into our Green Initiatives”
Comcast-Spectacor, through its facility management subsidiary, Global Spectrum, continues to raise awareness and take action to make its facilities more environmentally friendly through our company-wide “Step Up” program.
The Conference and Event Center Niagara Falls is dedicated to insuring that all events held at our facility benefit from our overall green initiatives. Our Green Team has “stepped up” to encourage and educate our entire staff on our green initiatives and our Green Team “Green Police” are always monitoring to ensure our best green practices are being followed! Additionally, we have prepared a “green” meeting planner checklist to distribute to our clients to assist them in establishing their own green initiatives and build a strong awareness of our precious environment.
- Recycling stations throughout the Facility
- Separate disposal of trash, cardboard, pallets, grease
- Use of glass, linen, china and silver, bulk condiments
- Use of local food vendors to minimize “food miles”
- ”Smart” office practices – 2 sided printing, email, proper toner disposal, etc.
- Use of eco-friendly products
- Educating our community to promote green practices participation in Niagara Falls Beautification Day
- Earth Day Awareness Campaign
- Communication/Education of our Staff
- Meeting Planner “Green Meeting” Tip List
- Asking vendors to donate unused promotion items to our local schools
- and charities
- Use of lower wattage bulbs throughout our facility
- Utilization of natural light
- Enrolled in Power Pay program by Energy Curtailment Specialists, Inc. to assist in our energy conservation practices
- Automated HVAC systems
- Low flow toilets
- Touch free water faucets
- Purchase of Energy Star products